Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Damn good chinese food: Yang Chow


Yang Chow



I'll keep this post simple. I've been going to Yang Chow since I was a little kid, since my family frequented it often. It's in the heart of Chinatown and has been around longer than I. In my opinion, it is quite simply one of the best Chinese restaurant in town. Once you try it, I'm sure you'll agree, so head on over and give it a try. You'll notice the head shots of many famous people who also enjoy the food all over the walls. It's a little cramped inside but you should've seen how small it was years back before the added another room. If you only get one thing, I would suggest the Slippery Shrimp; it'll make you say "wow."



What to eat: Slippery shrimp, Yang Chow fried rice, beef and broccoli
What to drink: nothing special, I guess just try the hot tea
What to know before you go: During the lunch and dinner rush will draw large crowds so the parking will be scarce
Where to park: There is a car lot behind Yang Chow which is $0.75 if you get it validated but it's small, so you may have to park on any of the car lots in Chinatown.


CHINATOWN/LOS ANGELES
819 N. Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90012
TEL: (213) 625 - 0811
FAX: (213) 625 - 7901
http://www.yangchow.com/index.html

Also, there are two other locations for those who don't live near Downtown.

THE SAN FERNANDO VALLEY
6443 Topanga Canyon Blvd.
Canoga Park, CA 91303
TEL: (818) 347 - 2610
FAX: (818) 347 - 2613

PASADENA
3777 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91107
TEL: (626) 432 - 6868
FAX: (626) 432 - 4539

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your blog is really awesome. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I like Chinese food very much and i have tried many chinese recipes which i got from youtube and many other website. I like visiting Chinese restaurants in weekend.