Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Filipino food: Asian Noodles


Asian Noodles

Here's another restaurant recommended by my uncle. It's nestled in between Chinatown and Olvera Street on Spring street. Before this place I had never tried Filipino food of any sorts but I found it to be surprisingly good. The culinary influences are fairly obvious; from Chinese, to Malay, and even some Spanish all mixed together to create something unique and delectable. One dish that really stood out for me was their Beef Steak; brought to you sizzling on a skillet is an off paring of slice beef steak and french fries in a delicious sauce. At first I didn't know what to think of this dish but upon trying it, I was in love. I highly recommend trying the Beef steak, unless of course you're a Vegetarian than maybe the Vegetable Stir-Fry dish would suit you. I believe that Asian Noodles have a few Vegatarian dishes for one to choose from.


What to eat: Beef Steak, I forgot the rest since it's been a while but I'll edit later.
What to drink: There are few Filipino drinks and a small coconut that they'll cut a hole and put a straw in for you to drink
What to know before you go: It's somewhat small and may be crowded and doesn't take reservations but you can get food to go.
Where to park: There are a few lots that you have to pay for on the same street or metered street parking


643 N Spring St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 617-1083

No comments: